Thursday, May 7, 2009

Herbal Remedies

So I've been doing research on herbs to hopefully get my period on time this cycle or to induce it. I've been taking Dong Quai for some time now so I upped the dosage on that. I added in Black Cohosh just yesterday. I've read that it stimulates the uterus and helps prepare the cervix to open up.

I've also started taking Wild Yam and Maca Root for added hormone balance. I was taking Vitex this whole cycle but just read that it increases your LH levels and lowers your FSH. Wow, I didn't realize that. That is not something a lot of woman with PCOS should be doing as our LH levels are higher than our FSH, which they should be about 1:1 ratio to be normal. I don't know what my ratio currently is but when I was first tested I was around 1.5:1, so not bad. However I have noticed that my OPKs on this cycle have constantly had a test line. Not positive, but there's always a noticable line there, which means my LH levels are up constantly. So I stopped Vitex a few days ago and I'm hoping that I will see a difference.

Hopefully all of this will help, I just can't wait to start my first cycle of Clomid. Hurry up AF!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey hunny, it's Donna! Please be careful with the Dong Quai. I have read that many women have used it to end their pregnancies, and I know how much you want this. I'm sure you've done your research, I just wanted to put out my findings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna :) I always stopped it if I ovulated. I'm not taking any herbs while on the fertility drugs.

    ReplyDelete